With the biggest fight of the summer approaching in a few weeks, it seems as if the UFC 202 card has officially filled its final fight, a women’s strawweight bout between Courtney Casey vs Randa Markos.
Casey is making a quick turnaround from her last bout, a quick TKO finish over Christiana Stanciu less then 3 weeks ago. This was by far her best performance to date in the octagon, dropping her first two bouts under the promotion with decision losses to Joanne Calderwood and Seo Hee Ham. After her latest performance she called out former champion Carla Esparza, so although she didn’t get the matchup she wanted, she will be able to get a quick turnaround and another opportunity for an impressive performance.
Markos is also making a fast turnaround, with her last bout being a decision win at UFC Fight Night 89 against Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger. The canadian looked fantastic after her appearance on her season of the Ultimate Fighter but has since struggles to find success in the women’s strawweight division. Markos has been struggling to find consistency in the UFC similarly to her opponent Casey, so they will both be looking to start their first winning streak under the promotion.
The finalized UFC 202 lineup:
- Conor Mcgregor vs Nate Diaz
- Anthony Johnson vs Glover Texaria
- Donald Cerrone vs Rick Story
- Cody Garbrandt vs Takeya Mizugaki
- Tim Means vs Sean Strickland
- Raquel Pennington vs Elizabeth Phillips
- Sultan Aliev vs Hyun Gyu Lima
- Alberto Uda vs Marvin Vettori
- Lorenz Larkin vs Neil Magny
- Artem Lobov vs Chris Avila
- Nina Guangyou vs Marlon Vera
- Colby Covington vs Max Griffin
- Courtney Casey vs Randa Markos